Updates to this Policy
Please note that we will update this Policy from time to time. We may, but are not obliged to, notify you when we make such changes. It remains your responsibility to check this Policy to keep yourself updated of changes made to it. As long as you continue to use or access this Site or the Services, you will be deemed to have agreed to the latest version of this Policy in force at the material time.
For purposes of this Policy, “Personal Data” means data about you that can identify you when taken on its own or combined with data and other information that we have or are likely to have access to.
Depending on how you interact with us, examples of Personal Data you may provide to us include:
• your name;
• your e-mail address; and
• information about your use of the Site or Services, including cookies, IP address, browser type, domain names, access times; and referring website addresses.
Collection of Personal Data
We collect Personal Data directly from you when you provide any Personal Data to us. This can, for example, be when you create a profile on the Site, contact us with queries, provide feedback to us, or post any content on the Site.
Use of Personal Data
We use the collected Personal Data for purposes including:
• operating the Site and Services;
• ensuring that you can access the Site and Services;
• maintaining or improving the quality of the Site and Services;
• developing and tracking Site statistics;
• processing and, where necessary, responding to your communications to us;
• understanding the types of visitors to and users of the Site and Services;
• developing additional Services or Site features that we think may be relevant to you;
• informing or updating you on Site changes, our Services, and other activities;
• our marketing purposes, unless you tell us that you do not agree to being contacted for such purposes; and
• where such collection is required to comply with any law applicable to us.
Disclosure of Personal Data
We may disclose your Personal Data in limited circumstances, including where such disclosure is required to:
• comply with any law applicable to us;
• provide, maintain, monitor, measure, change, update, improve, or generally administer the Site or Services;
• contact you;
• provide you with information you need or have requested for;
• provide user support; and
• protect our legal rights.
We do not sell, rent, lease, or otherwise share your Personal Data with third parties for our profit unless you expressly consent to us doing so.
Personal Data collected pursuant to this Policy may also be disclosed to one or more third parties in connection with certain other events, such as a change of control or ownership of Making Meaning or its closure.
Retention of Personal Data
We will not retain your Personal Data once:
• the purpose for which your Personal Data was collected is no longer being served by retention of the data; and
• retention of your Personal Data is no longer necessary for legal or business purposes.
Storage of Personal Data
The Site is hosted on third party servers. Accordingly, your Personal Data may be stored on servers outside Singapore. If so, we will take reasonable measures to ensure that the third party organisations provide a standard of protection to your Personal Data that is comparable to that required under the PDPA.
Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to access all or parts of our Site.
We strive to maintain the security of all Personal Data collected. Unfortunately, no internet-based service is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site. We will protect Personal Data in our possession or under our control by making reasonable security arrangements to prevent unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, disposal, or similar risks.
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of PDPA, you have the right to request a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your Personal Data, please send an email to us via our contact form. We may make a small administrative fee for this service.
We want to ensure that your Personal Data is accurate and up to date. If any information that you have provided to Making Meaning changes, please update it in your profile. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information you or we think is inaccurate. You may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
You have the right to ask us not to collect, use, process, or disclose your Personal Data in any of the manner described herein. You can give us notice of your intention to halt the collection, use, processing, or disclosure of your Personal Data at any time by contacting us at via our contact form.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may contain links to other websites. However, this Policy applies only to this Site. Hence, when you click through to other websites, their privacy policies will apply to you. We are not responsible for any third party’s collection, use, disclosure, or other practices regarding your personal information. You should review the privacy policies of those third parties to understand their policies regarding your personal information and your rights against them.
If you have any questions about this Policy or wish to provide feedback to us about it, you may contact us via our contact form.
Last Updated: July 6, 2020